Sales Coordinator Cover Letter
Sales Coordinators implement policies that are designed to increase a company’s sales quota by attempting to secure new customers. Market research is a big part of this job, and Sales Coordinators work closely with both the sales and customer service teams in order to help the latter two departments improve their performance, thereby potentially increasing company sales.
Someone interested in a Sales Coordinator position should have a strong cover letter when applying for the job. Listing the skills and experience that a candidate has acquired over the course of his or her career can make him or her an exceptional fit for the position, as opposed to someone who has gleaned less of each in his or her work experience thus far.
The job description for a Sales Coordinator position would list skills similar to the following:
- Assist in the preparation of the Sales and Marketing Budget
- Prepare creative proposals that are timely, accurate, and that meet client objectives
- Create folders, spreadsheets and documents for cohesive team usage
For inspiration, see below for two great examples of a Sales Coordinator cover letter that shows how an applicant’s skills can be highlighted in order to have a better chance at securing the position. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Sales Coordinator resume samples.
Dear Ms. Christina Roberts:
Growing account bases, fueling revenue increases, achieving the turnaround of unprofitable units, and establishing top performing teams are examples of the many ways I contributed to the success of past employers. Equipped with more than 20 years of experience administering and spearheading operations within diverse business platforms, including sales, marketing and financial, I am writing to apply for a role as a Sales Coordinator at Pacific Bell Corporation.
While serving in roles ranging from Account Executive to Sales / Marketing Executive and Channel Manager, I achieved the following:
- Grew account base through application of dynamic business development skills, effectively targeting potential clients in diverse industries, including pharmaceutical, biotech, finance, and marketing.
- Played an instrumental role in enhancing sales performance through expert training of new sales representatives.
- Successfully organized a meeting with major organizations in the telecom industry, including 6 of the top telecom companies in the world to discuss potential business ventures.
- Served a pivotal role in pioneering the closing of a firm’s largest accounts with clients such as Pepsi ($1M), First Chicago Bank ($800K), McDonalds ($500K), Mercedes ($250K), Motorola ($300K), Monsanto ($500K), and TV Guide ($250K).
With a talent for identifying new business opportunities and generating plans to capture new revenue streams, I welcome the opportunity to join an organization such as yours as a Sales Coordinator. For a more detailed presentation of my offerings, please review the enclosed resume and feel free to contact me. I look forward to your call.
Dear Ms. Brianna Barkley:
As a successful Senior Level Sales and Marketing Manager with over 15 years of experience generating unsurpassed revenue growth, I am an extremely focused, driven and results-oriented leader. Combining key strengths in relationship building, product/service representation, and the ability to perform in fast paced, competitive environment, I am now seeking the opportunity to utilize my experience in business development experience as a Sales Coordinator for Whole Foods.
My highlights range from continuously achieving top ranking among Area Managers and turning around underperforming units. A sample of key contributions includes:
- Generated a 12% increase of average total purchase through implementation of a new advertising campaign focused on lower prices, new signage and POS materials, and re-negotiation with manufacturers to reduce overall costs, as well as providing customer incentives, leading to a 3.2% sales increase.
- Instrumental in the facilitation of the acquisition of Associated Grocers to The Markets through increased gross sales, strategic company positioning, and turning around an under-performing area. Boosted sales 3% over the prior year. Increased profit margins through wholesale contract negotiations and created merchandising plans and training for The Markets by 1.70%
- Reduced existing inventory by $12M within 3 months through effective SKU optimization.
- Leveraged buying power to negotiate the lowest wholesale prices for products, maximizing profit margins.
I have devoted my career to stimulating revenue growth through strong vendor management, with a proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Seeking to provide your company with the above services, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my offerings with you in a more personal setting and included my contact information above for your convenience. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to your call.
March 1, 2007
Vice President, Sales
8855 Main St
Dear Mr. Smith:
In today's highly competitive and fast-paced market, organizations need strong and aggressive sales leadership to meet ever-changing business development goals. I am certain I can contribute this level of performance to your team, and I invite you to consider my qualifications and accomplishments.
- Experience: 15+ years of productive regional sales management, coupled with an MBA and a track record of success in leading diverse teams of value-added resellers.
- Results: Acknowledged for driving multimillion-dollar annual revenue growth; recipient of multiple company sales awards.
- Performance: Recognized as a top sales producer; recipient of numerous team-building commendations.
I am an accomplished sales strategist and solution-oriented manager who thrives in challenging, fast paced environments where my performance directly impacts the bottom line. In addition, I have solid organizational leadership and decision-making skills that can make an immediate contribution to your operations and business development.
Currently, I am seeking a position where I can continue to uphold strong sales and performance standards. As a member of your management team, I am confident that my innovative and results-focused approach would make a significant contribution to the continued success of your organization.
My resume is enclosed for your review and consideration. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding opportunities you have available currently or in the future.