Experiments can be found in the experiment cave which can be accessed during Creature of Fenkenstrain quest. They are accessed after the star amulet is placed on the easternmost memorial with the indent on it and then pushed to reveal their dungeon.
Due to having very high hit-points, lowresistances to melee attacks and very weak attacks (rarely hitting above a 0), the level 25 experiments are extremely popular for players wishing to train combat skills from 1-70.
The level 51 experiment may only be killed during the Creature of Fenkenstrain quest in order to obtain the cavern key. If the player already has a cavern key in their inventory or if it has been used on the gate, they can no longer attack this experiment and instead receive the message "You don't have the heart to kill the poor creature again."
- The half sheep half wolf experiment may refer to the saying A wolf in sheep's clothing. Or possible 'sheep-dog'.
- The half man half spider is a reference to 'Spider-Man'.
- The half wolf and half woman is a reference to 'She-Wolf'.
All Combat experience: 54 Combat experience: 54 All NPC ID: 1676 NPC ID1: 1676 All NPC ID: 1677 NPC ID2: 1677 All NPC ID: 1678 NPC ID3: 1678 All Combat level: 35 Combat level: 35 All Is members only: true Is members only: true All Release date: 31 January 2005 Release date: 31 January 2005
Experiments can be found in the Experiment cave, which can be accessed during Creature of Fenkenstrainquest. Completing the whole quest is not required to kill them, as you can simply push the farthest memorial from the castle and you will enter finding quite a few of them. In total, there are 18 Experiment spawns in the cave: 7 sheep-dogs, 5 spider-men and 6 wolf-women.
The wolf-women may only be killed during the Creature of Fenkenstrain quest. Attempting to kill one afterwards results in the message "You don't have the heart to kill the poor creature again."
An experiment must be killed to obtain an experiment bone for the Rag and Bone Man's wish list, and to complete the "Lab Clean-up Assistant" Morytania task.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
- The sheep-dog experiment is a reference to a sheep dog, a breed of dog used to guard livestock.
- The spider-man experiment is a reference to the Marvel superhero Spider-Man.
- The wolf-woman experiment may be a reference to the Japanese anime Fullmetal Alchemist, specifically the character Nina Tucker, and her dog, Alexander.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, experiments were popular for combat training as they had 1000 life points with a combat level of only 25.
- Experiments still use the old sounds for wolves and spiders when in combat.