Persuasive speeches are those that address themselves to the minds and hearts of people who heard them; but funny persuasive speeches give color to the speech and the effect they have is unparalleled. The value of the speaker’s words is doubled with the fun element.A funny persuasive speech evokes a light-hearted response from the audience from the beginning of the oratory. While every tone and every gesture forecasts the result with the audience, the overall anticipation and pleasure comes from the funny persuasive speech topic you choose.
We have come up with funny persuasive speech topics that are out-of-the-box and not the regular topics you find everywhere. They help differentiate you from others in the same genre.
A List Of 50 Funny Persuasive Speech Topics:
- ‘Little people’ is less offensive than ‘dwarf’ or ‘midget.’
- Women are genetically disposed to not be funny.
- Save paper towels, save the forests. (Shake hands before using the paper, fold the paper towel and dry.)
- Sex needs a new metaphor, other than baseball where you use terms like scoring, getting to first base, if there’s grass on the field play ball etc. Example: The new model is based on Pizza, it’s not competitive like baseball. You’re also sharing the experience of pleasure and enjoyment.
- Scientists should stop talking jargon to us and make ideas accessible.
- Parking and coffee to be included in college tuition fee.
- How to handle well-meaning people you don’t like.
- Why you deserve to be the boss instead of your boss.
- Prints of body parts other than fingers should be taken. Like ear prints. (Talk of the burglar caught by his ear-print on the window glass – he was listening to find out if the coast was clear)
- Blondes ARE stupid.
- Men should never wear skinny jeans.
- Grades don’t matter.
- The work week should be shorter.
- Horror movies are good for experiencing the adrenaline rush.
- Funny pick up lines work.
- Blaming the horoscope when things go wrong helps.
- All is not fair in burping and farting, but it is in love and war.
- With a woman as a president, there would be more wars.
- It is not wrong to steal bread to feed your family.
- Women have to leave the seat up for men’s convenience.
- Schools should ban Harry Potter for promoting witchcraft.
- How playing games raised your IQ.
- A thumb is a finger.
- Reverse discrimination.
- Men are happier than women.
- If a woman hits a man, he should be able to hit back without it being called abuse.
- Too much rhetoric and speech caused the fall of the Roman Empire, it will kill us too.
- Keep your mom off Facebook.
- Banks have to ban hats and sunglasses to avoid robberies.
- Make your friends pay every time, all the time.
- Guys gossip more than girls.
- Adult children living at home can be a pain.
- A majority of vegetarians don’t love animals.
- How to eat food you don’t like.
- Why being fair doesn’t work all the time.
- Larger passengers should be obliged to purchase two plane tickets (the weight?).
- Being a weekday vegetarian in a carnivorous culture.
- Limit alternatives to make your choices easier.
- Reincarnation is a fact.
- Why moist cookies are better than dry. Bring cookies and demonstrate.
- Boys should be allowed to cross dress and wear skirts.
- Children of divorced parents should gain the right to divorce their parents if they choose to.
- There must be a breakup insurance policy to all
- Eat lionfish to stop their invasion.
- Donate your locks.
- How to persuade someone to take the blame for your mistake.
- How to get a spouse to hand over the remote.
- Why the drinking age should be lowered.
- How to create a cult following easily with so many dumb people around.
- Why airplanes should be made from the material the black box is made of.
These topics conjure images of fun and humor and are bound to make the audience smile. They will help build up an anticipation of wanting to know what the speaker has to say about it. Hope you have a great time delivering the speech.
Stupid and funny essays
Students at school or college are constantly facing the problem of essay writing. The essays can be required for many disciplines and of various types and topics. And not all students successfully pass such an undertaking. One of the most difficult assignments is writing a funny essay. Inventing of funny essay topics demands sharp brains, sense of humor, ability to analyze what is funny or in contrast silly.
There are cases when after presenting your essay to the teacher and considering it a funny piece of writing, you see the professor is laughing but do not realize the cause of this laughter. Yes, you have gained the necessary effect – to make him/her laugh, but the cause is different. His/her tear gland work because of the stupidity of your essay.
Title is the hardest part
Funny essay titles is a very challenging assignment, as you are obliged to make somebody laugh through your words and not emotions or voice. At first, you may consider it as an easy task, but compare the issues that seem fun to you and those funny for others. Are they similar? Doubtless! To succeed with a funny title, you need to try very hard.
Read more College Essay Prompts articles:
Time is your enemy
Time is also an important matter. When you lack time, you try to use some online essay help and receive numerous stupid essays, and more significant they are the same as your classmate has. For instance, there was an essay about a cow, where the writer describes a cow as a human or how a person met an alien. Is it funny? No! But the students take them and hand in such stupid essays. When the teacher puts a bad mark for it, their answers are that it is Google making us a stupid essay. To write about someone sleeping on a banana peel is also a bad argument. Use the topics that are not so banal.
Be in the right place in the right time
You should realize what kind of humor is for what. These argumentative titles are rather challenging, as it is required to use humor in argumentative background. For example, the student wrote the essay “Simpsons and Family Guy are quite alike except for the characters” forgetting that Simpsons and Family are just that very characters. And how do you find the topic “Twilight is just a confused piece of work”. Who is confused?
Yes, these topics may seem to be fun, but you should for sure not to go over the top while struggling to be humorous like this:
But the writing can become a real disaster while you are busy with persuasive essay topics. Mind the timing and balance every word you need. For example, inventing the topic “Illegal torrent downloading should be banned” the student trying to prove this idea comes to the result that if it is not a torrent you can freely download everything. In the topic “Should girls be allowed in boys’ team” the writer tries to persuade that due to their beauty girls have more chances to win and says that the team leader should be a girl. Creating the topic “How I’ve Cheated on Exam” the authors describes the process in great details, but then he says that he has to take this exam again due to a poor mark.
But even more difficulties appear when the students were asked to write an Oedipus essay especially as an application essay. Although there is one story about Oedipus, the students have succeeded to present the most stupid variants of it.
The list of funny themes is huge, but it will prompt you the correct one. It will also help you not to use the outdated topics or the ones that were re-written thousands of times
So if you lack creativity or time, do not just sill copy the information present on the net, the topics that were funny for someone several years ago but will be hard for you to reveal. Use some more reliable sources for not to turn your funny essay into a stupid one.
Read also: How to format an essay?